Delicious boozy cake that’s dense and not too sweet. Originally found in the food section of La Presse.
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tea spoon baking powder
1 small pinch of salt
10.5 oz of ground almonds
4 eggs (large)
3/4 cup of sugar
1/3 cup good quality olive oil
5 table spoon butter
Zest of 1 lemon
1/3 cup limoncello
1. Pre-heat the over to 325F. Grease a round genoise mold.
2. Shift together the salt, baking power and flour twice.
3. Cream together the butter, oil and sugar until smooth. Add the almond powder and the lemon zest and whip until the mix becomes dough like.
4. Add the eggs one by one, making sure they are completely incorporated before adding the next one.
5. Add the flour one spoon full at the time, whipping well to maintain the creamy consistency.
6. Pour into the greased mold and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1 hour minimum, or until room temperature.
8. Spoon the limoncello over the cake to ensure even distribution and allow to absorb completely before cutting.