This is a lot better grilled, over coals if you can. But I don’t currently own a grill and it is freezing outside in all cases. So I oven baked the chicken. Next time I need to up the heat a bit so the skin gets crispy.
I buy the chicken at the butcher’s so I can ask them to break it into parts for me (2 breasts, 2 wings, 2 thigh, 2 legs). You can make this with any chicken from the store too, off course.
1 small chicken, broken into 8 parts.
1. Make the marinade according to the recipe here (lemon missing from my picture) : http://spicetrekkers.com/portuguese-style-grilled-chicken/
2. Put the chicken parts and the marinade in a large ziplock bag and put in the fridge overnight.
3. Heat the oven to 375F. Lay the chicken on a cookie sheet and cook for 25 minutes.
All done! so extra recipe for the side salad.
1. Shake together the oil and vinegar in a sealed container to create an emulsion.
2. Mix all the vegetables together.
3. Spoon dressing over salad, add salt and pepper.