Muffins. The ever versatile breakfast and snack. The hardest part of making these was finding the hazelnuts at the grocery store. The next time I make them I might add some chunks of milk chocolate, to give them an extra chocolate punch.
2 cups flour
2/3 cup cocoa
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 table spoon baking powder
1/2 tea spoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup non-sweetened apple sauce
1 cup of milk
1/2 chopped hazelnuts.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400F. Put paper lines in your muffin pan.
2. In a bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. In a larger bowl whisk together the eggs, the milk and the applesauce.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
5. Add the hazelnuts and mix until just combined.
6. Separate the dough equally into the muffin pan.
7. Bake for 20 minutes. (A skewer should come out clean from the center of the muffin)
8. Allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack, or enjoy while still warm.