I believe this is the equivalent of Cottage pie outside of Québec? In any cases, tasty dish that I think most of people in Québec grew up on, iconic to the point of being featured in many humors sketches.
2 lbs extra lean ground beef
2 12oz cans of kernel corn
1 19oz can of creamed corn
1 table spoon olive oil
milk, butter, salt, pepper, onion powder, steak spices – to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F
2. Make some mashed potatoes. Set aside.
3. Roughly dice the onion. Heat the oil in a skillet and cook the onion until soft.
4. Add the ground beef and cook until browned. Season with the steak spices.
5. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the meat to a large casserole dish. Leave behind as much of the liquid as possible.
6. Layer with the corn (both kernels and creamed corn).
7. Layer the mashed potatoes on top. I like to smooth is with a spatula, or you can leave it a bit messy, as you prefer.
8. Bake for 30 minutes. Finish with the oven at broil for a few minutes until the potatoes are browned.
9. Allow to rest for a few minutes before slicing.