These are tasty, satisfying and egg free. Yes, yes, egg free muffins. So useful for situations when allergies have to be dealt with.
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tea spoon baking powder
1 tea spoon salt
1/2 tea spoon baking soda
4 table spoon butter, melted
100g 70% cacao chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda into a large bowl.
2. Coarsely chop the chocolate. Add to the bowl along with the sugar and stir everything together.
3. In a heat proof cup, melt the butter. Add the zest and juice of the orange and the milk.
4. Pour the butter and orange mixture into dry ingredients. Stir briefly with a spoon. Don’t over mix – it should be lumpy, not smooth.
5. Spoon the mixture in the paper cups. Cook for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked trough. (A skewer should come out clean.)
6. Allow to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.