Surprisingly filling and tasty soup. The carrots and pears pair well together.
4 cups of carrots (between 6 and 10)
1 1/2 box of vegetable stock
1 clove of garlic
juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Pre heat the oven to 400F.
Peel and cut the carrots and the pears. Drizzle with olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and a few sprigs of thyme. Mix well to ensure all the parts are coated in oil. Put in the oven for about 30 minutes until tender. Stir once or twice while cooking.
2. When the carrots are about done warm a bit of olive oil in a large pot and add the chopped onion and garlic clove.
3. Sweat the onions for a few minutes then add as much grated ginger as you care for.
4. Remove the carrots from the oven and discard the thyme.
5. Add the roasted fruits and vegetables to the onions.
6. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Bring the heat down and simmer until the carrots are fork tender (10-20 minutes)
7. Blend the soup and stir in the lemon juice. Serve with some more thyme and a dollop of sour cream.