It snowed again and I am sick of winter. I’ve also been craving lemonade for a few days. This was the result. Bright, vibrant, just sour enough.
2 packs of raspberries
2 1/2 table spoons maple syrup
6 cups water
1. Juice the lemons. I pour the juice through a sieve to remove the pulp and any missed seeds. If you like the pulp, just make sure to catch the seeds.
2. Rinse the raspberries.
3. Blend the raspberries down. I used an immersion blender, but a regular blender would work just as well.
4. Dilute half of the raspberries purée with 2 cups of water.
5. Pour the diluted raspberries through a sieve, into the pitcher with the lemon juice.
6. Work in batches and discard the seeds. Repeat steps 4-6 with the last of the purée.
7. Add the remaining 2 cups of water to the pitcher once all the raspberries are in.
8. Add the maple syrup and mix well to dilute completely. Thinly slice the orange and add to the pitcher. Give it a taste at this point. You might want to add some maple syrup,.
9. Serve cold (over ice) or cut with liquid of choice (tonic, sparkling water, 7up, sparkling wine, white wine, etc)