The second of the pizza dishes. A sweet dessert pizza! Awesome warm, but somehow equally amazing cold and eaten for breakfast.
1 ball of pizza dough
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup almond powder
2 table spoon amaretto
1/2 cup dark chocolate
4 table spoon almonds slices
nutmeg, to taste
1 package of the berries of your choice.
1. Toast the almond slices and set aside.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
In a mixer, combine the butter and sugar.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each.
4. Add the almond powder, nutmeg and amaretto. Mix well.
5. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil and brush with olive oil. Roll the dough to the size of your baking sheet and transfer unto the foil.
6. Spread the almond cream over the dough, getting as close to the edges as you can.
7. Add the berries (I used strawberries but any berry would work). Make sure you push them into the almond cream a bit.
8. Bake for 25 minutes on the lower rack in the oven, until the crust is golden.
9. While it’s baking, melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
10. Set up a piping bag system by sticking a ziploc bag in some kind of container, then filling it with the molten chocolate.
11. When you’ve taken the pizza out of the oven, snip a corner of the bag and drizzle the chocolate over the pizza.
12. Add the toasted almonds, slice and serve as soon as possible (before the chocolate sets) or cool and eat in the morning.