I made pizza dough! And it didn’t turn to glue! That makes me very happy. Yeast based dough have this aura of being finicky and difficult so I have always avoided them. But no more!
This is the basic dough recipe, then I will be posting two applications for the dough. One recipe makes two balls of dough (one ball is enough for 1 pizza)
4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cup water
2 packets of yeast
2 table spoon sugar
2 tea spoon salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Mix the yeast and the water. The water should be around 38C. Allow the yeast to wake up for 5 minutes. This will turn a bit slimy and a foam will form on top. That’s good.
2. In the mean time, combine the olive oil, sugar and salt. You’ll want to mix well to try to dissolve everything together.
3. Pour the yeast into the oil mix and add the flour. Mix together until it becomes a stringy sticky mess.
4. Transfer to a floured work surface and knead until smooth (about 3 minutes)
5. Put in a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Put in the (cold) oven and turn on the light. Allow to rise for 1 hour.