A simple recipe, less then 5 minutes to assemble and then it’s hassle free. The spice paste is rather spicy but can be removed from the chicken and mixed with the accompanying starch to tame it down. I like to serve this with quinoa and sauteed bell pepper.
4 chicken breast
Juice of 1 1/2 lemon
4 cloves of garlic
3 table spoon berberé
2-3 table spoon melted butter.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375F
In a small food processor combine the spices (ground), garlic, lemon juice and melted butter.
2. Blend until a paste is achieved.
3. Slice the onions and put at the bottom of your roasting pan, The rack is optional.
4. Add you chicken breast. Don’t worry if (like me) they are still a bit frozen. This is a very forgiving meal.
5. Brush the spice paste on both sides of each chicken breast.
6. Bake for 1 hour.
7. Allow to rest for a couple of minutes then slice the chicken and serve.