These are deceptively filling… about 3 mini pitas makes a very satisfying meal.
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
6 table spoon tamari sauce
1 1/2 tea spoon sriracha
2 tea spoon brown sugar
1 table spoon peanut oil
1 lb ground turkey
1 cup cashews
1 small yellow onion, diced
5 cloves of garlic, pressed
1-2 inch of fresh ginger, grated
3 green onions, sliced
salt and pepper.
1. Heat a dry skillet over medium heat. Pour in the cashews and toast for a few minutes.
2. Set aside to cool.
3. In a large skillet, warm the peanut oil. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook until the onion is translucent.
4. Add the ground turkey. As you cook the turkey break any clumps apart with a wooden spoon.
5. Meanwhile, combine the hoisin, sriracha, tamari and brown sugar in a bowl.
6. Once there is no more pink in the turkey pour in the sauce,
7. Mix well into the meat and allow to reduce for a few minutes. Chop the cashews and add to the skillet. Cook for a few minutes more. The cashews will drink up the sauce.
8. Add the green onions, stir in and remove from heat.
9. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then carefully stuff into the mini pitas.