So of course the first thing I did with that tomato sauce is figure out how I could use it on a pizza…
I used french shallots but a sweet or yellow onion would work better. I was just out of them.
1 pint tomato sauce
2 french shallots
1-2 cloves of garlic
1 tea spoon dried herbs
1. In a small sauce pot, heat a bit of olive oil and add the shallots. Sweat on medium-low heat until translucent.
2. Add the garlic and heat until fragrant.
3. Add most of the tomato sauce (keep an inch or two in the jar for later) and the herbs. If you have some fresh basil add it as well. I didn’t have any.
4. Simmer on low heat until a thick slurry is achieved.
5. Add the remaining tomato sauce (to boost the tomato taste) and blend until smooth.