Satisfying with a bit of a crunch from the almonds. I would probably remake this with less sugar. Will update the recipe if I do.
For the filling:
2 pints of blackberries
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
zest of 1 lime
Juice from 1/2 lime
For the crumble:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
1/2 almond meal
5 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 tea spoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 slivered almonds
pinch of nutmeg and ground cardamom
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
Rinse the blackberries. Slice the peaches and combine in a bowl.
2. Combine the sugar, flour and cornstarch in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the zest, lemon juice and vanilla to the fruits.
4. Add the dry ingredients and gently mix to coat the fruits.
5. Turn the fruits into a baking dish (about 11×7).
6. Start on the crumble. Combine the flour, almond meal, brown sugar, oats and salt. Add the spices, to taste.
7. Add the butter. Mix until the dry ingredients are well combined and the whole thing turns to a pebbly texture.
8. Fold in the almonds.
9. Add the crumble on top of the fruits.
Bake 35-40 minutes.
10. Take out of the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
11. I never mastered the art of serving a crumble prettily. Tastes good anyways.