I am not a huge fan of pumpkin pie. But I can eat a whole tray of these muffin without blinking… you have been warned.
2 cups flour
1 tea spoon baking soda
1 tea spoon baking powder
1 tea spoon salt
1/2 tea spoon ground cinnamon
1/2 tea spoon ground cloves
1/2 tea spoon ground ginger
1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
zest of one orange
1 tea spoon vanilla
1 cup orange juice
2 cups cranberries
1. Pre-heat the oven to 325F
In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.
2. In the bowl of a mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Cream the butter until light and fluffy, scrapping down the sides a few times.
3 . Add the eggs one at the time, mixing well between each.
4. Add the puree, orange zest and vanilla extract.
5. Add the orange juice and stir well to combine.
6. Stir in the flours in 3 times.
7. Remove from the mixer. Fold in the cranberries with a spatula.
8. Spoon into a muffin tin lined with paper liners (or a good non-stick muffin tin).
9. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool in the tins for 5 minutes or so then transfer to a cooling rack. Allow to cool to room temperature.