A simple pumpkin purée, for cakes, pies or other uses.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400F
Remove the stem of the pumpkin and cut in half.
2. Scrape out the seeds and strings.
Sprinkle a pinch of salt on both sides then put face down on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 40-45 minutes until very soft.
3. Transfer the pumpkin halves to a cooling rack to cool for 30 minutes to an hour.
4. Scoop the flesh of the pumpkin. Remove any overly cooked bits and make sure you don’t get any skin.
5. Pulse in a food processor until smooth.
6. Set aside to cool fully.