A delicate, delicious little bite of a cookie. And most importantly when hosting a large group with dietary restrictions, they are both gluten-free and dairy-free.
200g shredded unsweetened coconut
1/3 cup sugar
2 table spoon cornstarch
1/3 cup liquid egg whites
90g of dark chocolate
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
Combine the sugar, cornstarch and coconut in a bowl.
2. Add the egg whites.
3. It will look like it’s not enough liquid, but just keep mixing, it will coat everything.
4. Form balls about the size of a golf ball. Press firmly so the mixture sticks to itself. Put on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Aim for 16-18 macaroons per recipe.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. The coconut should just be turning golden on top.
6. Allow the macaroons to cool to room temperature. Meanwhile, melt some chocolate (temper it for a shinier final result).
7. Dip the bottom third of the macaroons into the chocolate. Return to the parchment paper lined tray and allow to set, at room temperature, for 1 hour.
8. Plate and serve.