An easy dish to throw together, warm and filling for winter. Might make the house smell like garlic.. but that’s not all bad is it?
3 lamb shanks (thawed)
3-4 garlic cloves
1-2 sprigs of rosemary
2 table spoon olive oil
salt and pepper
about 1 bag of new or baby potatoes
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
Slice the potatoes into coins and cover the bottom of a baking dish.
2. Meanwhile, combine the olive oil, garlic and rosemary in a small blender. Or a mortar and pestle, if you prefer.
3. Process until the garlic is mostly gone into a paste.
4. Lay the lamb on top of the potatoes. Brush with some of the garlic paste. Add salt and pepper.
5. Flip them and spoon the rest of the garlic paste over them. Add salt and pepper.
6. Cover in tinfoil and put in the oven for 2h.
7. Remove from the oven. The meat should be pulling away from the bone.
Poke with a fork. if it’s still tough put it back for 30 minutes.
8. Plate. Use a slotted spoon for the potatoes.
Keep the bones (I throw them in a ziploc bag in the freezer) for making stock later.