A quick and easy side dish. The sunchokes are slightly sweet so this pairs extremely well with beer braised beef.
1 lb sunchokes
2 table spoon butter
salt and pepper
1. Peel the sunchokes. if you get them early in the season you can leave the peel in, it will be thin like a new potato. Just give them a good brushing. The peel is edible, but it gets a tough texture when cooked this way. And it has a lot of inulin, so it might cause some digestive upsets.
2. Add the butter to the pan.
3. Toss to coat in the butter and add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cook in the pan for 5 minutes or so, tossing often, until they just start to take some color.
5. Put in a 350F oven for about 1h ou in a 400F oven for 40-45 minutes, until tender and nicely colored (you might want to flip them halfway through).