I’m an awesome big sister (or so I keep telling myself) and made the molasses cookies my little brother had been craving for a month or so. Rustic, sweet, soft molasses cookies. Perfect for dunking in milk or tea or coffee.
2 1/2 cup flour
1 tea spoon baking soda
1 tea spoon baking powder
1/2 tea spoon cinnamon
1/2 tea spoon ginger
scant pinch ground cloves
pinch of salt
1/2 cup non salted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
2 table spoon milk
1. Pre-heat the oven for 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt.
2. Combine the butter, brown sugar and molasses in the bowl of a mixer.
3. Beat until smooth then add the egg. Beat until combined.
4. Add half the flour, mix to combine. Add the milk, mix in and add the rest of the flour until just combined.
5. Portion out (about 1/8 of a cup per cookie) and flatten with the back of a fork.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes and enjoy.