I wanted oatmeal cookies, but I didn’t want to make banana cookies. And I dislike raisins…
So a bit of poking around in my pantry made me reach for leftover cranberries (from making the cranberry sauce) that I had frozen and a bag of mini chocolate chips. The resulting cookies are a bit crunchy, a bit chewy, with bright burst of cranberry and just a hint of dark chocolate. Craving satisfied 🙂
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tea spoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tea spoon salt
1 tea spoon baking soda
1 tea spoon cinnamon
1/2 tea spoon nutmeg
Seeds of 3 green cardamon pods
3 cups oats
1 cup fresh cranberries
1/2 mini dark chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat the over to 350F.
Combine the dry ingredients (flour, salt, oats, spices, baking soda)
2. In the bowl of a mixer, combine the sugar, brown sugar and butter.
3. Cream together until lighter and fluffy. Then add the eggs one at the time, mixing well between additions.
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Add the chocolate chips and cranberries.
6. Fold into the batter.
7. Spoon unto cookie trays lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake for 12 minutes. They will be very soft coming out of the oven and will firm up as they cool.
9. Allow to cool fully and transfer to a air thigh box.