A delicious side dish to go with flavorful meats. I like serving it with duck or lamb.
Salt and Pepper
1. Remove the wiggly parts of the celeriac and the tough outer skin.
2. Cube and put in a pot. Peel the parsnips and cut in chunks about the same size as the cubes. Aim for equal levels of celeriac and parsnip.
3. Add milk until just barely covering the vegetables.
4. Simmer for 30-40 minutes until fork tender. Keep an eye on the pot, milk tends to boil over.
5. Ladle into a blender, leaving behind the excess water in the pot.
6. Add a few knobs of butter and season to taste. Purée until smooth. Serve warm.