This makes for good lunches because it keeps for a while, a nice side dish, or an interesting offering in a potluck. Most importantly it’s easy and quick to get together.
Adapted from Foodiecrush.
2 cups pearl couscous
1 cup dried apricot
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 cup pistachios (roasted, unsalted)
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (roasted, unsalted)
For the dressing:
1 french shallot
1/3 cup olive oil
2 table spoon white balsamic vinegar
2 tea spoon dijon mustard
2 tea spoon honey
salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine the dressing ingredients.
2. Blend until smooth. Adjust seasoning and set aside.
3. Cook the pearl couscous (like pasta) until done but it still has a bit of texture. Drain and coat with the dressing,
4. Cut the dried apricots into smaller pieces. Add the cranberries. I aim for roughly 1 1/2 cup of dried fruits total.
5. Add the fruits to the couscous.
6. Add the pistachios and pumpkin seeds.
7. Mix well to combine and transfer to a serving bowl. This can be eaten cold or warm.