The thick and fluffy kind. Good warm, good cold as left overs. Filling and not too sweet.
1 1/2 cup flour
2 table spoon sugar
1 table spoon baking powder
1/2 tea spoon salt
1 1/4 cup whole milk
1 tea spoon vanilla extract
semi-sweet chocolate chips, to taste
butter, for the pan
1. Combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Whisk well (baking powder taste horrible and you don’t want a bite of it).
2. Combine the milk, egg, and vanilla. Whisk with a fork to break the egg.
3. Add to the dry ingredients and whisk until combined, but still lumpy.
4. Melt butter in a large pan on medium-low heat. Scoop out 1/4 cup of batter per pancake.
5. Add the chocolate chips.
6. Once the edges look solid (2 minutes or so) flip and cook the other side. Set aside and repeat until you run out of batter.
7. Serve and enjoy! (maple Syrup is optional)