Garlic scapes are versatile and delicious, but really only available in season. This is how I store them so I have them on hand whenever I want. They are delicious in potatoes or with any pan cooked vegetable.
A generous pile of garlic scapes
5 table spoon olive oil
3/4 tea spoon salt
1. Trim half of the garlic scapes and cut into smaller chunks. Put into the bowl of a food processor. Add the salt and olive oil.
2. Pulse a few times to make room.
3. Add the rest of the garlic scapes.
4. Pulse until finely minced, almost like a paste.
5. Spoon into an ice cube tray, pressing down gently.
6. Freeze for at least one hour. Pop the cubes out and store in a freezer bag.