This is part recipe, part guide to clearing out the fridge. Anything would work inside the frittata, I just used what was there and needing to be used up. It’s also a simple one skillet meal. Since my dishwasher is currently not working, this counts for a lot.
This makes 6 large portions or 8 smaller (but still very filling) ones.
2 small onions, diced
4-5 smallish carrots, diced
3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
3 Italian sausage
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
a splash of milk
salt and pepper
2 handful grated cheese
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400F
In a large skillet, color the outside of the sausage.
2. Chop the sausage into small bites and return to skillet. heat until fully cooked. Transfer to a plate line with paper towels.
3. Clean the skillet. Add a splash of olive oil. Ad the onions and cook on medium-low heat until translucent.
4. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant. Add the carrots, in small bite size, and cook until slightly softer.
5. Add the tomatoes and cook until just warmed through.
6. Return the meat to the skillet and mix to combine.
7. Sprinkle a first handful of cheese on the whole thing.
8. Whip the eggs up with a splash of milk. Add salt and pepper.
9. Pour the eggs over everything. You don’t want to stir them in, just kind of shake/settle them in to the bottom. Sprinkle the second handful of cheese on top. Keep on the range for a few minutes for the edges to start cooking (gently lift a bit once in a while to make more egg reach the bottom)
10. Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until all the eggs are set. Test by cutting in the middle : if not liquid/raw egg rushes up in the gap you’re good.
Turn the oven’s broiler on, while keeping an eye on it, to make the top golden. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
11. Slice and enjoy!