The duck meat turned out incredibly tender. The spices may overwhelm the taste of the meat, so adjust accordingly. The same marinade would probably work great with beef.
2 duck breast
2 table spoon Sri Lanka style curry
2 cloves of garlic
2 tea spoon lemon juice
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tea spoon salt
1. Put the spices in a mortar and coarsely grind.
2. Put the ground spices in a food processor along with the shallots, garlic, salt, and coconut milk.
3. Pulse until mostly smooth.
4. Cut the duck into cubes. I left the skin on thinking I might be able to crisp it up, but that didn’t work. Just remove it altogether.
5. Pour the marinade over the meat and stir to coat. Allow to marinate for at least an hour, up to overnight.
6. Thread onto skewers.
7. Pre-heat the oven to 375F. Sear the skewers in a pan to color all sides.
8. Then transfer to an ovenproof dish and finish in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
9. Serve with peanut sauce.