This a delicious pasta dish that makes for a difference on a tomato sauce based dish. Packed with flavours and reheats well.
1 box of rotinis
1 portion of sausage mix
2 sweet yunnan peppers
2 table spoon fennel seeds
1 cup vermouth
zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 table spoon dried oregano
1 package of frozen spinach
Parmesan, to taste
1. In a mortar and pestle, combine the yunnan peppers and the fennel seeds.
2. Crush until the peppers are broken apart and the seeds start breaking up. Set aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat some of the olive oil. Add the pork and break any large clumps. Get your pasta started.
4. When all of the pork is getting colour, add the fennel seeds and peppers. Cook for another 10 minutes or so, you want the meat to caramelize.
5. Pour the vermouth and lemon juice over the meat. Add the lemon zest. Cook down until the liquid reduces by half.
6. Add the dried oregano and spinach. Cover so the spinach thaws faster.
7. Your pasta should be ready so drain, reserving some of the cooking water. Stir the thawed spinach in with the meat.
8. Stir in the cooked pasta. If it looks dry add some of the cooking water. Grate parmesan on top to taste.
9. Serve with more grated parmesan