I’ve been sick as a dog and I wanted something light but filling for dinner. This was perfect and will probably be joining a heavy rotation this summer.
2 boneless chicken breast
1 tea spoon curry spices of your choice
1/3 cup cashew
2 cups bean sprouts
1 cup snow peas
1 red bell pepper
1 bunch of green onions
1-2 ripe mangoes, to taste
2-3 tablespoon fish sauce
1 table spoon soy sauce
1 tea spoon sambal olek (or chili sauce of your choice)
2 tablespoon brown sugar
juice of 2-3 limes
1-2 table spoon peanut oil
Sesame oil (to taste)
Thaï basil (optional)
1. In a small dry skillet, roast the cashew over medium heat until fragrant. Set aside to cool.
2. In a larger skillet, heat the peanut oil.
Cut the chicken into thin strip and add to the skillet along with the curry spices.
3. Once the chicken is cooked fully, set aside
4. Rinse the bean sprouts and discard any flaccid of off-color sprout.
5. Slice the snow peas on a 45 degree and add to the bowl.
6. Peel the mango and slice into sticks. Add to the bowl.
7. Slice the red pepper into sticks and add to the bowl.
8. Slice the green onions (white and green parts) and add to the bowl.
9. Mix the rest of the ingredients together to make the dressing. You’ll have way more dressing then you need. I used maybe 5 tablespoon for the whole bowl?
Keep the rest in the fridge for later use.
10. Toss the salad together and portion out into bowls.
I had some Thaï basil in the fridge so I added some as a garnish, no big deal if you don’t have any.
11. Add the chicken and cashew to the bowls. Enjoy!