Probably the evilest most addicting thing that can be made with simple ingredients. This is better than Nutella. You’ve been warned.
2/3 cup water
355g Milk Chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat the oven to 300F.
Mix the nuts and spread on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Put in the oven for 5 minutes then turn off the oven (leave the nuts in the warm oven)
2. In a thick bottomed pan, combine the sugar and water. Attach a candy thermometer, making sure the probe touches neither the bottom nor the sides.
3. Over medium heat, bring the sugar to 224F.
4. Working quickly, add the warm nuts. From this point on you’ll want to be stirring constantly.
5. The sugar will crystallize. This is normal. Resist the urge to panic and think you messed things up. Keep stirring until it melts back down into caramel (5-10 minutes after step 4).
6. Spread the nuts on a parchment lined cookie sheet and allow to cool fully.
7. Break the cooled down nuts into small clusters. Add them a few at a time to a food processor and pulse until mostly broken down. Go slow at this step. You don’t want to burn out the motor of the food processor.
8. Repeat until all the nuts are in.
9. Slowly increase the length of time the blade runs. Take the time to stop and scrape down the sides every other pulse. As it processes the nuts will turn first into a dry mass.
10. Then eventually into a nice, shiny, elastic paste as the oils emulsify. Transfer to a mixing bowl and set aside. The paste will likely be warm from the friction of the blade.
11. Measure out the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and set-up a double boiler.
12. Melt the chocolate (no need to temper it)
13. Add the melted chocolate to the nuts paste.
14. Mix to combine.
15. Seal and allow to cool to room temperature. Resist the urge to eat with a spoon.