An easy, tasty and lazy weeknight meal. Warm and spicy and filling.
2 small onions (or 1 larger one), diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
an inch (or so) of ginger, grated
1 table spoon curry mix of your choice, ground
1 can chickpeas
1 large sweet potato, cubed
1 cup water
1 can coconut milk
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 cup diced tomatoes
basmati rice, to serve
1 table spoon peanut oil
1. In a thick bottomed saucepan warm the oil. Add the diced onions and cook, stirring often, until translucent.
2. Add the garlic, the ginger, and the curry spices. Cook the aromatics with the onions until fragrant.
3. Rinse the chickpeas and add to the pot. Peel the sweet potato and cut roughly into cubes. Add it to the pot as well.
4. Add the coconut milk and the water.
Mix well and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the sweet potato cubes are tender.
5. Stir in the frozen peas.
6. And the tomatoes.
Once the peas and tomatoes are heated through the curry is ready.
7. Serve with the basmati rice.